Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hema's Breakfast Thali

Hema's Breakfast Thali:

I am seriously inspired by my friends blog especially Vaishali's blog - Ribbons to Pastas and the way she takes time to arrange her food for photo and for her family. No doubt children will eat little more food by seeing the decoration.

Yesterday night we had chopped mangoes (3 fruits) but we couldn't eat more. So I had put into the refrigerator by thinking that I could make Mango MilkShake, today. Today morning the milk came late and I couldn't prepare it at home. So quickly packed 3/4 of the chopped mangoes and 3/4th of pomegranate fruit into my lunch box. 

In today's Swathi book they had given sample "Britannia Savory Oats", my father-in-law gave me that also. I told fine, let me enjoy a beautiful heavy but healthy breakfast thali today at office.

Once I came into office kept my laptop aside and ran into pantry. Took two serving bowls and in one I had put "Britannia Savory Oats" powder and a full cup of water and left in oven for 2 minutes. This Savory oats comprises of Oats, cashew nuts, salt, spices and herbs (cumin, mustard, ginger, green chilli, asafoetida, curry leaf, parsley), yeast extract, and anticaking agent.

Ingredients for Oats Puliyogare:
Britannia Savory Oats - 35g packet
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup (Optional)
Puliyogare Mix - 2 tbsp
 
Method:
  • Pour Oats in a cup which is microwave safe and put hot water on top of it, mix it well
  • Leave the mixture in microwave for 2 minutes
  • Now add 1/2 cup milk and mix it well
  • Put puliyogare mix and mix it well
  • Decorate with peeled carrot slices and pomegranate seeds and keep it in breakfast thali


Second one in the thali was Mango Sekarni:
  • Peel the skin off from mango and smash it to make a puree
  • Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on it and mix it well
  • Add sugar and 1/2 cup of milk
  • Decorate with peeled carrot (as carrot is little sweet in taste it matches well). Keep it in breakfast thali.



Keep the other ingredients - Cocojel, Mazaa, Coffee.


 







Enjoy the breakfast feast.


Submitting this to:
Indian Thali Mela @ Cooking for all seasons hosted by Srivalli Jetti.


Mango Mania @ Pumpkin farm food hosted by Pradnya.

3 comments:

wow what innovations you come up with hema
tht mango one looks good. did u check my last posts

Hi hema where did u vanish


achha have a look at this post

http://chattersmusings.blogspot.in/2012/05/lets-get-tagged.html