Kheer is nothing but payasa, sweet which is made either of semolina or of any other ingredient with milk. It can be made instantly and ingredients are also too short. I just added dates to it.
On account of yesterday holiday and tomorrow holiday I am on leave today also. J Hence made dates milk shake, but as I had to take Aditya to doctor due to some allergy plan got changed. Suddenly it flashed, I can just do kheer in the afternoon adding dates milk shake. Yummy, it gave me very good company in my children lunch today.
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Dates – 5 to 6 nos (used fruit not the dried ones)
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Soak dates in water for an hour
- Add milk, sugar and dates and blend it together to get a milk shake
- Add ghee in a thick bottomed vessel
- Roast semolina and keep it aside
- Add dates milk shake and allow it to boil
- Add roasted semolina and allow it to become soft/cooked
- Serve it